Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dr. Seuss' Lorax Quilt

I need to get a copy of Dr Seuss' Lorax book. I am a big fan of Dr Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham is one of my favorites. Read it often to my grandchildren. Many others come to mind, but not the Lorax.


This quilt is made using a panel and coordinating fabric that came out last year about this time. Elisa, Lorena, my soon to be daughter-in-law, Martha, and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving in southern California. Of course we had to attack a couple of the quilt shops down there. Hanging in the last one we went to was a sample of this quilt. Martha saw it and told us it was Dan's favorite Dr. Seuss book. Well we had to but the fabric.

I came home and looked up the pattern on the manufacturer's website and started cutting. Hoped to get it done for his Christmas, but that didn't happen. His birthday in in April, so that was our next goal. The top was pieced by me then over to Elisa it went to be quilted on her long arm machine.

Done and mailed in time for him to open before he went to the mountains for his birthday. He was totally surprised. Martha said he was really pleased and amazed at it.

It did turn out pretty good.


I'm sure it will wind up being a baby quilt sometime down the road. We were happy to provide it early. This way Dan can use it to curl up in to read his favorite book.

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.