Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A night with Don Linn - Mr Quilt

Last night our guild, River City Guild in Sacramento CA, hosted Don Linn, aka Mr Quilt. He makes beautiful quilts. Here is one:


I was enthralled with his designs. Many with a free motion effect on the cutting. The above one is a little more traditional. He explained where his ideas come from and how he goes about getting them to be quilts. It was quite a story. He does have a book that I will be buying on that process. He started out as a long arm quilter and has two books on machine quilting.

Very enjoyable presentation. I'm sorry I didn't sign up for the class he is teaching today. I will definitely watch for him to teach around here again soon.

If you want to learn more about him, go to his website at http://www.mrquilt.com/

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.