Thursday, September 9, 2010

Binding Calculator

Do you have problems figuring how much materials to buy/cut for your binding? Have I got a site for you. Go to http://www.quiltpox.com/calculators.html Type in width, length of quilt and how wide your finished binding is and press calculate. Lo and behold there is the amount of material you need. I always cut too much fabric, because I have cut too little for so long that I love this site to help me cut just the right amount.

That said, I must say I just found the site. But I compared it against a chart I have that Victoriana Quilt Designs has, and it seems to be close to the same except for one size. This link said for 102"x 90 says to purchase 3/4 yard. The hard copy chart I have said 1/2 yard. If I would have purchased that amount only and got home with not enough, I would have been sad. But the others seem to be pretty accurate.

Have fun quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.