Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine Love Quilt

Purchased this kit from Connecting Threads a year ago this month. I figured it is small, and I could easily have it done by Valentine's Day. I just didn't mention which Valentine's Day. So started the embroidery in December. Easy to do. Last Monday I came into my studio and had it finished completely, quilted and all (except for hand sewing the binding) by the mid afternoon. Good job, Peggy, even if I must say so myself.

The scallops are fused and then sewn down during quilting process. I don't have enough of the shown fabric to do another one, but I have the pattern. I could do another one for someone else or perhaps use green and embroider a shamrock in the center for St Paddy's Day, or an Easter Egg, or a witch. Wow! The possibilities are endless.

It is small. It measure probably 18" x 18" so it is perfect for a wall hanging or table topper.

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.