Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beehive Quilts Online Store is Now Closed

BeehiveQuilts.com fabric and pattern store is now closed, I am sorry to say. I have had it up and running since August of 2007 - 5 years. It has done well and I have enjoyed working on it. As my husband and I are going to do some traveling starting in 2013, I figured now was a good time to start selling off the product and getting some of my own projects done.

Between on-line sales, e-Bay and having a studio sale in June, I have done a good job of selling a big portion of my product. I still have some that I will continue to sell items through e-Bay. You can find those items under probles22 on e-Bay.

I have really loved doing this website. It was something I never thought I could do on my own. In the spring of 2007, Gil and I went to a seminar through Stores-on-Line and liked what we saw. They are a web hosting company out of Utah. We bought a license to try it out. I took this on by myself. With the help of the templates Stores-on-Line had and their tutorials, I designed it and stocked it and advertised it. It was wonderful while I had our bricks and mortar store open. It has given me an outlet and release after that closed down. I loved doing our Wildflower Rhapsody BOM and getting to know many of you who participated. [By the way, I still have some of the fabric for that. Let me know if you run short on any of it.]  More than anything the site has done well enough to keep me in fabric money, which has been fine with me.

I will keep working on this blog. I have used it to post ideas for quilting and pictures of quilts out and about and to help promote my website. It will still be used to put up ideas I find that I think should be shared. Elisa and I will continue to go to quilt shows, so pictures will keep going up that way. It will become a lot more personal as I work on my projects and goals. Plus when I travel, I will post where I have been and where I am going.

One of my goals as we travel is to see as many quilt stores as I can before Gil tells me enough already. He is so good about that, I think I will be good for a few months. I will write of them and take pictures to share with all of you. I will also be asking you to tell me where to go, where your favorite sites are. Or to let me know of a quilt show that is coming to an area that we might be near at the time.

Keep returning here. I want you to see what we see as we travel along. It will be fun for us all.

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.