Tuesday, January 4, 2011

www.QuiltingBoard.com - Great Site


So a friend, Janet Wheaton, told me about the quilting board. I had never heard of it before, so I checked it out. It is a great site for all quilters. They have so many different things you can get involved in. There is a chat room where you can talk live to others. Love it. You can also join different groups that do many projects. I am joining one where you are to make a set of "funky" chickens and send it off before the date set in March. Since I have a great pattern featured on my website for a very cute chicken quilt, I thought I would make those blocks up. Send them off and in return I will get six funky chicken blocks back. Sounds like a good deal all
around. [You can find the pattern at http://www.beehivequilts.com/chickspattern.]

I have also joined a weight loss project. No sewing for this project. Just had to weigh myself on January 1. On February 1, I weigh myself again and send a private message to the organizer. Whoever loses the most weight that month gets a fat quarter from everyone participating. Best of all there are daily posts of different ideas that can help us on our way and we can post ideas we have or our goals or anything that is appropriate to the project. I figured it might be good if losing weight is put in front of me daily. Who knows, maybe I will actually take off some pounds. Good project to be involved in.

You can post pictures of quilts or other sewing projects you have finished or are working on. People ooh and aah over them. Also you can ask for assistance in your project and get lots of suggestions.

People from all over the world are involved in this website. You get great ideas and help. Check it out at http://www.quiltingboard.com/ today.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Stop by my blog ideas for entrepreneurs day at school

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.