Friday, February 5, 2016

Garden Tea Party blocks

My friend Venita and I have been working on The Quilt Company's pattern of the Garden Tea Party. We get together and share fabrics and ideas on what works and how to do the individual blocks to this pattern. There are only four blocks, but they are big blocks. They finish out at 18 1/2 inches each. These are my four.


The pattern calls for a row above and a row below of teacups. I am not going to do that. I am going to put a small inner border and then a larger outer border on it probably with big flowers. Or I will do the border the pattern suggests. I have not decided for sure yet.

I really like how the blocks came together. I wasn't sure how I would like the mismatched corner triangles, but that is what the pattern showed. Now they are done, it has grown on me.

Here is a copy of the pattern:


Hmmm. I don't know. Maybe the teacups need to be there. I do like the flowers on the outer border.

It has been a fun pattern to work on. Most of the fabric came from my stash, which is always nice to use since I have so much of it.

Stay tuned. I will eventually finish this quilt and even get it quilted. I will post the pictures of the finished quilt when that happens.

Keep on Quilting




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.