Thursday, April 26, 2012

Auburn CA 2012 Quilt Guild Show

Love going to guild's quilt shows. Auburn's is always a joy to go to. The talent in this guild is tremendous. Plus so many of my friends from different places I have lived in this area go to this show that it is great fun. I love to take pictures of the quilts on display. I take only a few. I would take more but there are so many people there that sometimes it is hard to get a clear picture without taking someone else in it.

I must say though that I was disappointed that I did not win a raffle basket. They have some great ones to choose from. Oh well. My $10 went to a good cause anyway.

Here are pictures from this year's show:



I have made all these blocks and am in process of putting the sashing around each one (6 done so far). I am so excited I am so far on this quilt. I just love it. Since I have so many projects that HAVE to be finished, I may not get this one done for a while. But it is on my design way calling me to constantly. I will post a picture when I finish mine.


I especially loved this one because I thought it was a great way to portray travel pictures. Gil and I are planning traveling around the US and Canada starting next spring. I will keep this design in mind when we are out and about.

This is just one of several that were on the stage. They were all the same pattern, but they were all done with different fabrics. It must have been a guild challenge or maybe a group. They were all gorgeous. My daughter loved this one the best, so it is the one I took a picture of. You can seen the one behind it used more subdued colors. Just as beautiful.

I love this pattern. I have it for sale on the website. There is a lot of embroidery but little piecing. I need to start this if I want to have it done in time for the holidays this year. I am realistically looking at 2013 instead, I think. Too many projects.

I had to take this one. My son had an Iguana that was over 6 feet long named Nando. He would love to have this quilt. It is an original design by the quilter.

I collect lighthouses, so I tend to gravitate to anything seaside or lighthouse related. Love this one. It was a very peaceful setting.


Beautiful embroidered Halloween quilt. We carry this on our website. It will be a someday to do quilt.

This is an upclose of part of the quilt above.





This was done with colored thread on black material. I just loved this. Plus it is Halloween, which is always my favorite.

Hey, anything with a bee or a hive I will be drawn to. Don't you love it?

This is the first quilt I have seen using the large template. I had just bought one at a vendor booth and was excited to see one done up.

Bunnies are a great draw. Plus I have a lot of veggie and fruit fat quarters that I need to use someway. This would be a great design to use some in.

Another iguana. Great quilt if you love lizards, which I do.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these quilts. All are thought provoking and makes me want to get busy on some of my "want to do" list. Of course that is after I finish my UFOs and special projects that I have running.

Keep on Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;)
    I will come back once again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the
    best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other
    people.

    My homepage; hair metal bands (www.acul.be)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.