Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Binding Calculator

Binding Calculator

Based on 44” x 45” width of fabric

Based on 2 ½” cut binding strip width



Before I opened my shop and finally learned how much yardage to purchase, I was always afraid I would run short on the binding fabric. So I just bought extra. I would go home knowing I had too much and then cut fewer strips than was needed. That was frustrating, as I would have to then cut another strip and piece it to the binding already sewed to the quilt. Ever done that yourself?

Then I found the following information and started using it and advised others buying binding fabric how much to purchase. Easy.

Length + Width       Strips Required     Yardage Required

24” to 34”                      2                     ¼ yard

36” to 50”                      3                     ¼ yard

52” to 66”                      4                      ½ yard

68” to 84”                      5                      ½ yard

86” to 100”                    6                      ½ yard

102” to 118”                  7                      ½ yard

120” to 134”                  8                      ¾ yard

136” to 152”                 9                       ¾ yard

154” to 168”               10                       ¾ yard

170” to 186”               11                       1 yard

188” to 200”               12                       1 yard

Thank you to Victoriana Quilt Designs
http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/

I hope this easy helpful fact helps you when purchasing and cutting your binding strips.

Happy Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.