Friday, September 10, 2010

Gold Bug Quilters Quilt Show

Gold Bug Quilters Quilt Show was held in Cameron Park CA starting today and will run through Sunday. Elisa and I drove up to see what there was to see. There were some beautiful quilts displayed there! I am including some pictures of the ones I liked the best.

These two pictures are one of four quilts a lady put together honoring soldiers that have fallen in Iraq. We were amazed at how beautifully she free-handed the names on her machine. I took a picture of what the quilt looked like and one upclose of some of the names.

The one below is my favorite. It was done in shades of brown and quilted with a gold metalic thread that really added to the quilt.


The one above I liked because of the colors used. This picture does not do it justice. The greens are mostly very vibrant green. Loved it.

There were so many to see, plus you get to vote on your favorites in each category. That was fun, too.

They had a very nice Country Store, but I felt many of the prices were a little high. I kind of like getting a bargain when I go to the Country Store. I still wound up buying a few patterns from there. I think my motto is "I cannot turn down a good pattern." I have so many that if I sewed constantly from now until forever, I would never get them all done.  Plus I would have to do a lot of shopping of fabric to complete them all.

The vendors are always fun to see what is new. I did not purchase a lot, but there was some fabric I could not resist. It was used in a quilt that I have a pattern for, so I had to have it, too.

One of the vendors was demonstrating a pen they were selling. It is marvelous. They said it was great for marking your fabric for embroidery and/or quilting lines. Elisa and I both bought one. The best part of this pen was when you use it, if you make a mistake, you just apply heat to it and it disappears. She said you had to be careful because if it got too cold, it would set it. But it would not rub off while you worked on your design. She had black, yellow, pink, red, purple and orange. It is a Pilot pen named Frixion. The cost at $3.98 is nominal for the great uses this gives you.

So my advise is if you live in or around the Sacramento area, take the drive up highway 50 to Cameron Park. Take the first exit, turn left, go to next light and turn left again. Then just follow the signs. Easy to find. Lots of parking. A show worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.