Monday, November 2, 2009

Petaluma Quilt Store

Gil and I went to Bodega Bay yesterday and spent the night. We had a great dinner and a great drive along the coast this morning. Then on the way back we stopped in a little town called Occidental. Too cute. Totally out of the way of anything or anywhere you might be going, but it is worth the drive.

To get to Occidental you go in on a road named Bohemian Highway. When you get into town, you realize it could be named nothing else. Downtown is mostly made up of restaurants. If you go there during a Saturday or Sunday during the summer, you will see a lot of people. On a November Monday, it was pretty quiet, which made it better for us.

We wandered into a couple of stores there that were quite enjoyable. One was an antique store where I purchased a few old crocheted doilies. They will be a great embellishment on a quilt. The other store advertised handmade items. Many items were from the immediate area. The others were from outside the United States. I purchased a beautiful tote that was made in Nepal. The other item I purchased was a beaded necklace from Guatemala. Gorgeous. The pricing in the store was extremely reasonable. If you are over that way, take the time to go in and look around.

After leaving Occidental, we drove into Petaluma and looked for a quilt store. Talk about finding a treasure! A Quilted Angel is one of the nicest quilt stores I have ever gone into. It was beautiful. I will write more on it later. Watch for it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, sounds nice, I will look for that quilt store on my next trip to Bodega Bay. Joe and I usually go through Petaluma on our way there. Did you try the Italian food in Occidental? We went there once with Joe's folks. His Dad almost drove off the road when I saw those pink, trumpet like flowers with no leaves and shouted "Naked ladies!"

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.