Thursday, November 19, 2015

River City Guild Quilt Show 2015

Tomorrow, Friday November 20th, is the start of the River City Quilt Guild's annual quilt show. Someone asked me last year why I never submit quilts to our show. So this year I submitted six quilts. Two to be judged. Four just for display. I also entered seven quilts for the silent auction. I hope they all sell. I entered ten silent auction quilts and sold all but one. But I priced them dirt cheap. These are priced low but not cheap. We will see.

I am the guild's historian. I went over yesterday to turn in my quilts and took pictures before set up began.


Chairs had been brought in. Tape was being put down to mark the vendor spaces. Other than that it was empty.

This morning I was there around 10:30.


Racks are going up. Quilts were starting to be put out on tables. A special kudos to David Carter, who lays all this out. This year was a challenge for him. The guild had over 300 quilts entered into the show.

It is going to be a great show. If you can come by and see it. The show runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Sunday it closes at 4 p.m. It is held at the Scottish Rites Center at 6151 H Street Sacramento CA. Parking is free and they have a huge parking lot for us. Entry is only $7.

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.