Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving quilts 2014

So I save patterns. I have patterns from the 1960s. Some I keep because I want to make it some day. Some I keep because they give me inspiration to do something like it. Some I keep because they teach me color management, which I am not very good at.

One day about a month ago I got out a bunch of my pattern boxes and started going through them just to remind me what I have saved. I found a Fons and Porter's Quilting Celebrations magazine from September 2013. It had several fall patterns I liked. There is one called Thanks. It is a round pattern that can be used as a table topper or a wall hanging. I decided I had to make one. I started drawing the pattern onto fusible web and thought, "I'll make three." So I drew out enough for three. I found fabric I liked. I did not have enough of any one fabric to do all three, so they have different fabrics for everything except the pears and the pumpkin.

I just finished putting the binding on the last one today. I put them next to each other on the floor and was trying to decide which one I was going to keep and which one I would send to my sister and the last would go to my mother. Hmmm. Hard decision. Each one has something I like better than the other two. Each one has something I did wrong but didn't on the other two. Hmmm. Not sure.

Which one would you keep?

Number 1:



Number 2:


 Number 3:


Yeah. Maybe I should just keep all three. No. No. That would be redundant. Help me choose. Send me an e-mail at contact@BeehiveQuilts.com or comment below. I will post which one I kept in a few days.

Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to post your comments here.